Sarah Rose McDonald
- Born: June 5, 1992
- Residence: Brunswick, Ga.
- CAREER EARNINGS: $507,507
- 2016 Earnings: $159,018
- 2016 Wrangler NFR: $69,654
- Joined WPRA: 2014
- mHorse: Hollund By “Dutch”
- Wrangler NFR qualifications: 2 (2015-16)
- RNCFR qualifications (actual year competed): 1 (2015)
• Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked 8th in the world; placed in three rounds. Would be the last NFR she would ride Fame Fling N Bling her 10-year old roan mare, as the horse passed away in Jan. 2017.
• Won the Lea County Fair and Rodeo (Lovington, N.M.)
• Won the Day's of '76 Rodeo (Deadwood, S.D.)
• Won the Last Chance Stampede (Helena, Mont.)
• Won the Cedar City (Utah) PRCA Championship Rodeo
• Won Clovis (Calif.) Rodeo
• 2015 - Finished the year ranked third in the world with $284,426. Placed in seven out of 10 rounds winning Rds 4 and 7 and tied for the win in Rd. 6. Finished sixth in the average with 148.50 seconds on 10 runs and won $139,827 at the NFR, the most of any barrel racer; won the Days Of 47 Rodeo (Salt Lake City), the Days of the Old West (Delta, Utah), the Canyonlands PRCA Rodeo (Moab, Utah) and the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo and $20,932 in earnings; Finished third at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo.
• 2014 – Won the WPRA Rookie of the Year title with $64,063 in earnings at 59 rodeos. Finished second in the Southeastern Circuit standings behind Victoria Williams to qualify for first Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo; won rodeos in Sidney, Iowa; Hill City, Kan.; Spanish Fork, Utah; and the Justin Boots Championships in Omaha, Neb.; finished second in the Champions Challenge in Omaha, Neb. and was second in the average at the Justin Boots Playoffs in Puyallup, Wash.
Engaged to Tyler Waguespack...Had to start going by Sarah Rose as there was another girl in the Southeastern Circuit with the name of Sarah Rose and she had already bought her WPRA card with Sarah Rose joined so was asked to go by her first and middle name. Rose is her grandmother and aunt's name...In 2014, she was trailing in the rookie race but staged an incredible come-from-behind winning $12,512 on the final weekend of the season to clinch the title over Kimmie Wall...The horse that carried her to her first two NFRs was Fame Fling N Bling "Bling," (Sire: A Streak of Fling/Dam: Short Penny), which was raised by Western 37 Barrel Horses in California and sold through the Fulton Performance Horse Sale as a yearling. On Jan. 3, 2017 the 10-year old mare suffered an extreme episode of tying up and caused her kidneys to fail, causing her death...Sponsored by Texas LandMan, Big Tex Trailers, Oxy-Gen, Cinch, CSI saddle pads, Dusty Rocker boots, Horse Hydrator, Iconoclast boots, Dr. Tanner at Elgin Vet, Equivibe, Charlie 1 Horse, PHT, CM Truck bed trailers.
2014 WPRA Rookie of the Year; 2015 Scoti Flit Bar Rising Star Award Fame Fling and Bling